The last couple of weeks have been so busy that I’ve barely had time to blog.
Which is a pity because there’s so much to write about…
– helping launch the One Hour Bus Ticket campaign
– chairing consultation event on women’s policy with Lynne Featherstone MP
– protesting against the permanent closure of the Wharfdale Road entrance to KX station
– meeting Tubelines to discuss tube services in the borough
– celebrating Mary Wollestonecraft’s 250th birthday
– taking part in Question Time at City & Islington College
– helping launch the Lib Dem Euro election campaign
– helped stick & stuff thousands of leaflets
– joined in commemorations for Dadabhai Naoroji
Last night, I attended Islington’s Annual Council meeting to see Anna Berent elected Mayor and Terry Stacy elected Leader.
It’s been a time of transition; as well as the new Leader of Islington Council, Graham Kings the vicar of St Mary Islington and Michelle Thomas the head teacher of St Andrew’s school are both moving on. So lots of appointment panels in prospect…
I’ve also managed to lose – and now replace – my phone. So even if I should have your number, I may no longer: please text me (my number’s unchanged).
Oh and we’re canvassing 7 days a week for the Euros! So a busy time. I’ll try and write it all up soon.